Sunday, December 12, 2010

From Blah to INSPIRED- sewing rooms and painted furniture

After 6 days of  having no motivation to do anything (no sewing, no digitizing, no cleaning and barely any cooking),  I have finally gotten myself partially together.  I addressed our Christmas card envelopes today and am hoping to get to the Post office tomorrow to buy stamps (who still uses stamp? I sure don't, so i don't have any). My hubby and I watched a movie and then I spend a good portion of the day on the computer visiting many favorite blogs. 
I love embroidery and my other passion is decorating.  I don't love painting furniture or anything else for that matter but i have to say that i am INSPIRED.  My house is full of furniture and really can't hold another piece but I do want to find a chair that i can paint turquoise and cover with fun fabric for my daughter's room.  I also need a piece of furniture for my guest bathroom.  I am starting the hunt  for these two things in thrift stores, curb side or craigslist.  I will let you know when i find it and show you the before and after.

My inspiration began to blossom yesterday after i visited a fabulous local store called The Eclectic Furniture Garden.  They have so many cool furniture pieces that they have painted and revamped.   They also have great Christmas items and gifts many of which I fell in love with.   I can't copy the pics because they are copyrighted but check out these mesh ribbon wreaths.  I love them, they are $99 so I think I will have to pass.
Mesh Christmas Wreath
More Mesh Christmas Wreaths

The room in real need of inspiration is my sewing room.  I have wanted to redo it for the last 6 months but haven't tackled the project yet.  I think i have postponed it because i am not sure how to organize it so it is efficient and functional yet stylish.  6 months ago i wanted to use hot pink, lime green and black- now I am not sure.  I may stick with that color theme but I am not completely sold.  Do i want the funky diva sewing room or the shabby chic light hearted sewing room?  We will see but in the meanwhile i have found some definite inspiration.  Check this sewing room out.  She has such great ideas for organization.  I am definitely using some of her storage ideas. 



Is this amazing or what?  check out her blog for details on the re purposed bookshelves and hutch. Sew Many Ways.  She took those cheap bookshelves that you can pick up at Walmart added bead board, crown molding and painted them black.  FABULOUS!!!!!!

Here are some other great sewing rooms.
Angela Mae Designs has a simple organized space, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment